Many time this question is asked to me by people who are failed in weight loss process and hate doing workout.
When my friend came to me with this same question, I asked her, “What do you mean by diet only?”
And she was very clear about it and said: “Don’t tell me to exercise, I just hate it.”
I wanted to really help her with that, so I told her that, “let us experiment, you are right now 92 Kgs… I am not going to tell you to fast or either to exercise.. but you have to do what I will say”
She happily nodded on this!!
We started in February 2018 ( I know as we maintained Journal), So I will tell here in points summary what we exactly did and how it turned out…
- I told to keep patience with this as this will take time and rather going target wise weight losing, we will first check how much weight she can lose by following the things I told her to do!
- Then we set her wake up and sleep time with morning and evening rituals.
- MORNING RITUAL
Wake up at 6
—> Drink Lemon + Honey water (Full glass)
—> Toilet time ( I told her even you don’t feel like it, Go as you have to set time for it as well, It’s part of our health)
—> Drink Beetroot + Tomato Juice (Half glass only = kind of shot glass)
(After 15 minutes)
→ Drink Aloe vera + Gooseberry juice ( Half glass only = shot glass I mean here)
→ ORANGE JUICE with 2 scoop collagen powder + 2 SUNRISE Eggs
Now she felt full !!
- I told her not to sleep in noon and do maximum work while moving. As much as possible, do everything using our body… walk while talking over phone… No social media more than 10 min at a time as it let us sit for more time…! And laugh a lot! at least smile if laughing not possible!!
- Lunch near 14:30: I included one curd bowl around 250 ml along with One Chapati and green veggies or lentils whatever available with her.. sometimes Red beans, green beans, chickpeas
- EVENING RITUAL :
Near 18:30:: she used to feel hungry, so we decided to have (2 cucumbers + bitter gourd + chlorophyll drops) Green Juice this time!
Finally in Dinner: near 21:00
> We decided many things but the thing that has worked is: Soup + 1 scoop collagen powder
Soup mostly of Bottlegourd! Sometimes mushrooms and pumpkin as well!
- After dinner she has to prepare for all the veggies and juices she is going to have the other day!!
We have a Vegetable and fruit market near us, so these things are easily available on daily basis!! She has to bring all things by walking in there. I used to do the same!
I already told her to stop thinking about weight loss and enjoy as much as possible!
She was the student, so we don’t have to worry about Jobs and working time much!!
We checked weight on March 31, 2018:: Progress was:: She was 88 kg
> She lost 4 kg in 2 months just by following religiously above!
> And then she got inspired with one model’s look, and wanted to do some exercise.
> We started with 2–5 kg weight training for her and followed the same diet pattern! we used to have a variety of vegetables in diet now!!
> On the name of a fruit, I just let her consume Coconut water and nothing else! (Edit: Orange juice as well, I forgot about it)
We checked weight on May 31, 2018:: Progress was:: 72 kgs.. and yes she was looking quite good!!
She used to watch ELLEN show, Kapil show, and Jimmy Fallon show and more to laugh everyday!! I must mention this !! This is a really good thing!!
Finally, we checked weight on August 31, 2018:: 64 Kgs (As I was also busy and she too had some examinations, she is a very good student in studies and in life as well I must say this, after all, she put faith on my words)
Now she is regular with weight training of 5–10 kg thrice a week and she is also doing PRANAYAM regularly in the morning!!
One very important thing, we never set the target of losing weight!! We let it just be!
See things will work:
→ If you keep faith
→ If you keep patience
→ If you are consistent
→ If you don’t worry about the results
→ If you keep stress away
→ If you do include things stage wise rather than once
PLEASE Keep these things in mind!! Because only you can improve your life, your body, and your soul… Other can only advice!! Put your faith in the right place!!
You don’t need to follow this exactly… Analyze your environment! And then decide and give it a big shot!!
The two most important points before consuming whey proteins are:
- Make sure you consume an authentic product.
- Make sure to consume the right quantity so that your body can break down the protein.
Meegan Hefford’s body wasn’t able to break down the amount of protein she was consuming which led to her death.
Yes, it is safe to consume whey protein. It is made of milk and doesn’t contain any harmful substances provided you consume an authentic product.
Also, consuming an authentic product is an absolute must to prevent any sort of diseases or worse. The Indian market primarily is a major country with high adulteration of products.
How do you identify authentic products?
- Authorized Importer’s seal: Any imported product should have an importer’s seal on the product. It is imperative to verify the product with the importer through their customer care email ID since many sellers paste fake importer stickers on the product.
- Verify with the manufacturer: Manufacturer verification will only identify the box and not the content inside. Importer verification, however, will make sure that the product has followed a secured supply chain.
- Mixability: 99% of adulteration happens in Whey Proteins and Mass Gainers since they yield higher profits to the vendors. Once adulterated, protein quality will not be the same as before. A genuine whey protein/isolates will mix wellwhen you mix it in your shaker for 25 seconds. You should not see any “insoluble” substances. Mass gainers normally take time to mix due to its heavy texture, but insoluble substances should still not be visible.
- Lab test: is an expensive option but the last resort to opt.
- QR Code/Scratch Code: All products may not have it but if one has it, make sure to verify it. QR Code may help you authenticate products but don’t confuse it with Barcode. Barcodes do not help in authentication of products.
- Source of Purchase: Make sure you buy products from a reliable source who follow a secure supply chain & doesn’t want to compromise with your health for money.
Read & TAG A FRIEND!👭
A common question I get is “How can I lose the fat around my stomach”. Belly fat is a common place for fat to be stored and it’s typically the hardest to get rid of. If you are struggling to lose fat in this area, your hormones may be off. Our hormones play key roles in our metabolism, cravings and our appetite.
Holding excess fat in our stomach area may be due to high estrogen, insulin and cortisol levels and lower testosterone levels.
High estrogen – causes more fat to accumulate around the belly. Try adding in some green tea, turmeric, ground flax & chia seeds to help decrease levels of estrogen.
High cortisol – Stress is correlated to belly fat. When we are stressed & there are higher than normal cortisol levels, our cravings and appetite levels increase & our muscle mass levels decrease. To avoid this, ensure you are getting in at least 7 hours of sleep to help normalize hormone levels.
High insulin – Insulin has the role of taking sugar into the bloodstream to either store it as fat or use it. To avoid having our insulin levels spike to high, limit processed foods, eat enough protein, fiber & healthy fats. Protein helps to regulate our appetite and keeps blood sugar levels stable and both fat & fiber help to slow the release of insulin (to avoid spikes).” )
❗️Everyone who has ever worked out has been through a plateau. It can be stressful and it’s one of the things that makes people think they aren’t capable of more, which then leads them to stop trying.
✅To help you avoid this problem, we put together a small & simple list that will help you break that plateau so you can get back on track with consistently gaining muscle!
1)Increase your calories slightly (100-200 calories): increasing your calories is a MUST if you want to gain weight so it’s important to raise them whenever your weight is stalling. Why not eat all the food in the world to break the plateau? It’s proven that when eating in too big of a surplus, your body packs on more fat than muscle because you aren’t used to the excess calories. By slowly increasing your caloric intake, you give your body a chance to utilize what you’re ingesting. We realize that some people have extremely high metabolisms and you probably won’t put on too much fat from a huge surplus. However, we still recommend increasing in small increments for overall health so you aren’t feeling bloated, fatigued, etc.
2)Track your calories and macros: if you aren’t tracking, there’s no way for you to know what’s working and what’s not working!
3)Weight yourself routinely: This relates to the point above. If you don’t know your numbers then you’re most likely not going to know what you need to adjust
4)Stay patient: too many people get discouraged too quickly and actually give up right before they are about to see huge results. Your body won’t change overnight! So stay consistent, and watch all the results you’ll receive over time
This can be really tough sometimes, but relax! Enjoy the process and use this as an opportunity to learn more about your body
Tag a friend who needs to gain some size!